Trust One of the Top Commercial Solar Design Engineering Teams in the Country
We do the job right the first time in the San Francisco Bay Area:
To maximize your savings, reliability, and thoroughness are critical elements of a quality commercial solar system design.
- We provide fully customized commercial solar design and engineering work for every customer so your unique needs are met with efficiency and consistency, not one size fits all solution.
- Each project has a dedicated project engineer who sees the process through the whole commercial solar power system design so you can focus on your other many other priorities. In fact, we have an award-winning commercial solar power system design staff so you know your project is in great hands. They include:
- 9 full-time engineers
- 5 California-licensed Professional Engineers
- 2 LEED-certified engineers (and four LEED Accredited Professionals on staff)
- 15 NABCEP-certified personnel
We take on highly challenging projects and provide solar power design solutions in situations where other companies can not, including:
- Roofs with obstructions
- Nonstandard architectural designs
- Nonstandard electrical systems
- Relatively little roof space
- Structural issues
- Challenging routes between the roof and the electrical system
We know commercial solar power design in and out
- Our commercial solar designer experts know the entire complicated process, saving you time and worry. We understand what the city inspector needs so you do not have to get in the weeds, whether you are in San Francisco, Berkeley, Los Angeles or San Jose.
- Our team is well-versed with electrical codes since they are responsible for creating the single-line diagrams and evaluating open circuit voltage, as well as formulating array layout calculations.
When considering commercial solar panel design, we recommend the best and most efficient design for your circumstances. We can also ensure high success rates because:
- Our design engineers also work hand-in-hand with the Permitting Team to make sure we meet all city-specific AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) requirements for your solar system design.
- Our designers closely coordinate with the architect and relevant project engineers of record to ensure that the solar systems synchronize with all related building systems.
- Our Superintendents and Project Managers have extensive experience coordinating with GC’s and other subcontractors (typically framing, roofing, electrical and mechanical) to sequence the solar work properly.
Know your expected performance at the outset
We use various solar PV system design tools to model the expected energy production. These commercial solar panel system design tools are able to model module and system behavior right down to the string level, providing an accurate estimate of expected performance.
Fill out the form and we will call you to discuss the best solar system design for your commercial needs!
Sun Light and Power exercises its deep engineering experience in favor of great solar design. They are realistic in assessing construction requirements and have useful solutions. In the four-school project we did together, Sun Light & Power delivered complete systems on time and within budget.
– David Kunhardt
You guys did a great job, not just in installing the equipment but in being perceptive as to how to deal with the regulatory authorities of Contra Costa County and the roofers. I decided to have our church hire you because although you were not the cheapest bidder you were the most competent one from my intelligence. That proved to be important because you were able to deal with the roofer – a non-trivial task – to get the job done just in time before PG&E would have made the rates less favorable to our church.
– William (Bill) Day