The Mission of Sun Light & Power is to create a living environment that serves people’s intrinsic needs, supports the human spirit and preserves the planet’s resources for future generations.
Sun Light & Power is committed to making a positive difference in the world by providing exceptional service, products, and expertise in solar energy to our customers. We stand as an example of the great business practices that support our team members and the community that we live in. In 1976, when engineer and solar pioneer Gary Gerber founded Sun Light & Power, not many people knew about solar energy. Since then he has helped assemble one of the solar industry’s most talented teams. They bring to each project unparalleled expertise, innovative solutions, energy-efficient solar technologies and outstanding customer service, making us one of the best solar power companies in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our guiding principals:
- Safety is our first priority.
- We strive to build a collaborative work community.
- We always act with integrity.
- We deliver unmatched quality.
- We practice sustainability: live and work green.
We are proud to be a certified green business!
- We have clearly labeled compost, recycling, and waste bins in every office.
- We have a recycling zone in our WH for aluminum, copper, and wire.
- We donate/recycle broken inverters/modules.
- We have a mixed-recycling dumpster for general construction & office recycling.
- We have low-flow toilets.
- We use certified green cleaning products which we buy from a certified Bcorp company.
- We strive to use certified green/recycled materials for office improvements (paint, carpeting, etc).
- We strive to use energy efficient heating/ac.
- We strive to re-use office furniture and buy supplies from vendors who sell used equipment.
Have questions about a solar installation or Sun Light & Power? Fill out the form today!