Solar power systems have benefitted the multifamily industry for decades.
By choosing solar with Sun Light & Power, over 350 Multi-family Affordable Housing properties in California now save hundreds of thousands of dollars in energy costs. You can, too!
We started in the 1970’s with solar water heating solutions and later added solar electric systems. Apartment and condominium complexes are still particularly well suited to hybrid installations that provide both solar hot water and solar electric power, and our dual expertise in both solar power systems (for retrofits and new construction alike) allows us to offer an array of custom solutions to meet the specific needs of our multifamily clients. Often the only limit to what we can install is only due to the size of your roof.
- PV offsets up to 100% of high-cost electricity while solar water heating for domestic hot water loads eliminates the volatility and high carbon footprint of natural gas so you can be proud to save money and the environment.
- Solar power systems also eligible for generous incentives, federal tax credits, and both federal and state accelerated depreciation schedules so you can receive aid toward the cost of your system.
Why is Sun Light & Power the choice for your solar installation?
- We have developed particular expertise in solar power systems for the California multifamily affordable housing (MFAH) market, so your questions and concerns can be addressed and met.
- We have specialized rebate knowledge and familiarity with TCAC (Tax Credit Allocation Committee) procedures for federal and state Low-Income Housing Tax Credits.
- We have the experience with individual MFAH clients. In fact, we are approaching over 600 MFAH solar projects, so you know you are working with trusted experts.
- We have expertise in solar electric systems and expertise in solar hot water systems so we can meet all your solar needs.
Generate community pride and reduce operating costs for your residents with a solar power system. Fill out the form for a complimentary estimate!
“With extremely limited resources available to provide quality affordable housing, it is critical to work with companies that are committed to provide the highest quality product. Sun Light & Power has proven time and again to be such a company. Eden has contracted with SLP to provide photovoltaic and solar thermal systems for at least 14 properties in the past decade alone. On every project, SLP worked closely with our architects and general contractors to make sure the systems were designed and installed in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. These systems have substantially reduced our annual gas and electrity operating costs. When it comes to solar, SLP is our first choice.
-Woody Karp, Project Developer at Eden Housing
“This is a remarkable project that will directly help people and uplift the entire community. This used to be a run-down area, but it’s now LEED-H Platinum certified affordable housing with superb community spaces. I want to thank Eden Housing, South County Housing, the City of Soledad, Monterey County, and all of those who assisted with this valuable development.
-Congressman Sam Farr (D-Calif.), regarding Camphora Apartments
“Cabrillo is proud to build new, ‘green’ dwellings for our some our valued farmworkers in Ventura County. They nourish our economy through their hard work. They deserve safe, beautiful homes so they, and their families, can prosper, thrive and succeed together.
– Nicole Norori, Project Manager, CEDC